How to pack and ship
your item to us
BEFORE SHIPPING ANY UNIT, you must CALL US FIRST for authorization and shipping destination.
These instructions are for amplifiers, tuners, tape decks, and CD players. Turntables require specific packing instructions and must be discussed on the phone first. Call us at 419-524-9005 or email us to get specific packing instructions that pertain to your particular turntable.
We suggest that you take your item to a professional packer for proper handling.
If you wish to pack it and ship it yourself, please observe the following:
- Wrap items inlarge bubble wrap, minimum two layers, with special attention to the corners that could puncture the wrap.
- Unit should be placed into a carton in which the wrapped item fits tightly.
- This carton should be placed into another carton which is at least 3" larger on all sides and centered within styrofoam packing peanuts that cradle the inner carton on all sides, top, and bottom. The inner carton should not move.
- Take to UPS, FedEx, or U.S. Postal Service for shipment. Call the carrier first to be sure of carton size or weight limitations. Be sure the shipment is properly insured. Include a note inside the box with the following information:
- Your name, address, telephone, e-mail address, any other pertinent contact information.
- An accurate description of the problem. Give us something to look for that is specific in nature
(hum, intermittent sound, crackle, etc.), how often the problem happens, with what inputs, etc.
- Include any technical literature (schematics, etc.) that will expedite our work.
- Include remote controls, and detachable power cords. Do not include patch cords unless they have unit specific connectors. If you instruct, we will contact you when the unit arrives. INCLUDE A LIST OF THESE ITEMS TO ENSURE THEY ARE RETURNED TO YOU.
If you have any additional questions or need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us via phone or email.
©2009 Livewire Audio